Friday, December 16, 2011

Fracking Hollenbeck Gas Well: Susquehanna County, PA


This video by Vera really puts me in the Christmas Spirit. No. The worst part of this video, not counting the environmental devastation which is taking place here, is seeing the house within spitting distance of this well pad. I guess this family has their Christmas tree up now and is planning to have a normal holiday celebration (if they celebrate Christmas- I don't know, of course). I don't know how I would manage to be oblivious to the noise, light, and other disturbances associated with this fracking operation. How does anyone maintain a normal life with this? Can it be done?

I appreciate Vera's willingness to put herself in harm's way potentially so that others can see the realities of this terrible method of keeping us all addicted to gas and oil. Only a very few people benefit while most of us suffer ill effects, at times deadly. Will this oppression bring us peace?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They started drilling on Howard Hill Road, Hallstead, right off Route 29. It is so sad to see what is happening to PA. My husband and I own to two properties and we were hoping to retire soon. PA will never be the same. Thank you so very much for all of your hard work. You are appreciated.